Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley

Much has been said about our prophet and the good he did here on this earth but I wanted to add my two cents. As I think back on my youth, the first prophet I remember is Harold B. Lee. For some reason I link the importance of paying tithing to him. I don't know why or if it was even something he might have said when I was young. Maybe it was a conference talk or something. I don't know but I do have a testimony of tithing and faith that it is from God.

I also remember shaking President Spencer W. Kimball's hand in the St. George Temple rededication. Never in my life have I felt a rush of the spirit like that. I was 12 yrs. old and can remember that day like it was yesterday. I did not want to let go and remember that he finally had to pull his hand away. In that moment, I knew prophets existed on the earth and I could never deny that.

I didn't get to shake President Hinckley's hand but it seems like he was every where. He worked so tirelessly and had such a love for the people, you couldn't deny that he again was a Prophet of God. I hope that I can emulate just a little of his faith and dedication to not only living the gospel but doing it in such a way that people would know what I believe and they could feel a desire to have what I have.

It would be great to hear your thoughts and/or experiences. I have posted a link to a 2 min tribute that Glenn Beck of CNN gave regarding President Hinckley. When you get to the link, there are other tributes but I have not looked at any of them. Beck's tribute is well worth your time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich, those were great comments. I listened to Glenn Beck's tribute it described how most of probably feel.